Hi there! I moved from Canberra to Wellington to pursue my passions in digital, tech, services, and design. I have a particular penchant for Government service delivery via digital channels.
Someone asked me what my passions were recently, and I think this is the best way to describe who I am and what I am looking for in my career:
- Understand what users and customers are doing with the product or service outside of the team’s bubble
- Understand what barriers our service is presenting to people when they try to carry out their transactions
- Look at the current state and see why it is the way it is
- Facilitate ideas with the team about what the future state could be
- Research, and build hypotheses
- Test those hypotheses with interviewing people, evidence, case studies and data
- Scope solutions, prototype those solutions, and test the feasibility of all facets of those solutions
- Design the solution to make it desirable, intuitive, and fun!
- Deliver the service that meets the user needs (user being everyone involved in the transaction)
- Along the journey, foster the right team and culture to make all of the above happen (including awesome movements such as Agile and DevOps)
I’m finishing up with New Zealand Transport Agency on Friday the 10th of November. After that, I’m looking to the horizon to a personal Summer of Self-Improvement here in beautiful Wellington. I’m keen to chat about opportunities for me to help you and your team on your digital service design delivery.
Who am I, personally? I’m an avid pop culture enthusiast, reader, gamer, Trekkie, and traveler. I am a warm, friendly, empathetic, positive servant-leader, with a courageous, resilient, and determined will to do right by those around me.